Wednesday, August 26, 2009

MIKE THE TIGER








Mikey and Me........
If Fred and I weren't feeling our age already, and we are, this week marks the 21st birthday of our two now grown up boys. I guess I should say men, but placing boys and men in the same sentence is a bit far fetched regardless if they are 21 or 72. Settle down male specimens I'm just kidding. SERIOUSLY? After a nice celebration of Pizza and Cake at Past Times. Ok, chili cheese fries, cheese sticks, 2 humongous pizza pies, salad and a Roast beef Po-boy. I kid you not if I hadn't stopped them, they would still be ordering. Four to go boxes later, I decided we needed to make a visit to see Mikey the Tiger. The kids of course had no interest in in my venture as it was all about a full belly and a quick exit to the next keg party. Come to think about, Fred wasn't performing any of those amazing cartwheels he previously spoke about in Blog Number 2 either.
For those of you who frequent Mikey's headquarters you know that he is at his finest right after the sun sets. Well not tonight.!!!!! He was pissed off and wanted all of East Baton Rouge to know about it. As I rounded the corner frantically trying to locate the little kitty I encountered several LSU students laughing hysterically. One of the guys was standing there in total disbelief with his arm up in the air. Seems Mikey didn't have any use for this particular visitor either so he just opted for a quick leg lift and a marking of his territory. According to Mikey his territory far exceeds the boundaries stated in his bylaws and he aimed to prove it . Now of course not being up on a tiger's protocol I just stood there in complete awe. I am totally re known for not thinking before I talk and today would absolutely prove to be no different. "Oh my gosh, did he lick you?" Those were my exact words? After a moment of silence and a short pause the fellow looks at me and says no ma'am he didn't lick me and then he precedes to bust out laughing. Bless his heart he was so.... trying to be respectful to his elders, unlike my husband and supposed soul mate who was standing there looking at me as if I were certifiably the dumbest individual he has ever known let alone married. You see Mikey 's tongue would, at the very least,vhad to have been the length of a at least one yard stick and I'm gonna guess probably two. Did I honestly believe that if a caged tiger had that close proximity to a human's arm he would opt out for a lick versus a complete amputation. Feeling like a complete and utter dumb ass, I glare at my husband, tuck my tail and head for the complete opposite side of the enclosure. Now my intentions were not only to visit Mikey but to obtain what I hoped would be some really good photographs to share on my blog. Fifteen photos later, due to his non-stop pacing, I managed to get only two lousy photos that included the tigers head. After a moment of silence, I flipped the camera off, looked at Fred and said "I'm done."
As I'm about to call it a night he slowly heads my direction, pauses, looks straight into my eyes and GROWLS. Speechless, I look at Fred and he chuckles and says, "I see you bring out the best in him as well"
Come to find out a growl from a tiger is nothing more then a friendly gesture. Go figure.






MIKEY PACING AND PACING AND PACING




LSU 2009 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Saturday, September 5th LSU will play Washington in Seattle at Husky Stadium at 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 12th LSU will play Vanderbilt in Baton Rouge at Tiger Stadium at 7 p.m.
Saturday, September 19th LSU will play UL-Lafayette in Baton Rouge at Tiger Stadium at 7 p.m.
Saturday, September 26th LSU will play Mississippi State in Starkville at Davis Wade Stadium
Saturday, October 3rd LSU will play Georgia in Athens at Sanford Stadium
Saturday, October 10th LSU will play Florida in Baton Rouge at Tiger Stadium at 7 p.m.
Saturday, October 24th LSU will play Auburn in Baton Rouge at Tiger Stadium at 7 p.m.
Saturday, October 31st LSU will play Tulane in Baton Rouge at Tiger Stadium at 7 p.m.
Saturday, November 7th LSU will play Alabama in Tuscaloosa at Bryant-Denny Stadium
Saturday, November 14th LSU will play Louisiana Tech in Baton Rouge at Tiger Stadium
Saturday, November 21st LSU will play Ole Miss in Oxford at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
Saturday, November 28th LSU will play Arkansas in Baton Rouge at Tiger Stadium at 7 p.m.
The SEC Championship is scheduled for December 5th in Atlanta Georgia at 4 p.m., teams to be determined.


GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment