Monday, October 19, 2009

Wooden Boat Festival Weekend






AND THE WINNER IS.......
IT'S NOT EVEN DARK OUTSIDE YET!

I love me some Fall but even more than that I love the Madisonville Wooden Boat Festival.  This year proved to be no different.  If nothing else it makes for a very clean house as I prepare for my special guest.  Now I could sure do without the tedious task of dusting, scrubbing and washing linens but I sure love it when I get to the creative part.  I can't take credit for all the cute ideas as they came from many sources that I have grown to love.  So take a look and when you get a few minutes check out some of my resources and add your very own touches .  Happy Fall to all.  


I adore Pumpkins, however, orange does nothing for the particular colors I chose for my home interior.  My sister-in law Kelli has for years told me I was too matchy matchy and that is the truth.  Everything I do has to match to a fault and these cute little painted pumpkins were no different.



                                                    Click on each picture for a larger view


How simple is this.  Two medium pumpkins.  $1.50 a piece.  I painted mine black and then added the polka dots to match the paint on my keeping room walls.  Yes, I painted every polka on each pumpkin and yes it was time consuming but it doesn't have to be perfect.  Place the pumpkins on your favorite candle sticks and there you go.  Just get you a glass of wine and get started.

My Shreveport buddies arrive from Shreveport on Friday and usally start rolling in around Happy Hour time.  After a short de-briefing and room appointments they make a mad dash to unpack and freshen up.  Freshen up to this group means "PUTTING ON THEIR SOFT PANTS"  What are soft pants you ask?  Soft pants are usually oversized elastic britches accompanied with Extra Large T-shirts.
Catching up and visiting is priorty so I try to make it simple for Friday Night with a large pot of Gumbo and several hors· d'oeuvres. 

Funny story-I found this cute recipe in the Food Network Magazine.  Oh how I love this magazine!  How original is this Salad on A Stick.  Again it's pretty time consuming but it sure makes for a pretty presentation and a good conversation piece.  Now here is the funny part.  I FORGOT TO SERVE IT.  Imagine my disappointment Saturday morning when I found it in my spare refridge.  Thank goodness I took a picture of it beforehand.   Of course it eventually got consumed.




I'm either going to CupCake Heaven or to CupCake Rehab.  Not sure which.  Nevertheless, I can't help myself.  For those of you who have followed my blog you know that I am totally obsessed with Cupcakes.  I don't really like sweets but I sure love to look at them.  Take a look.  There is a down side to serving these cute little cakes and that would be the crumbs.  I'm still cleaning them up.  I found them in the bed linens, the hot tub and even the dressing rooms.  Yea, you know who you are!



For more Cupcake ideas revisit my previous blog titles "Cup the Cakes"

Check out these adorable gifts I recieved from my guest. 




                                                                                         


Check these Cute Pumpkin Attachments Out



Party Pics






     CUTENESS AKA SYDNEY WITH HER PIGTAILS.



 



jimmy, fred, thad and chris



No comments:

Post a Comment